Meeting Place: Hyland Heights Baptist (Room D102 in the new sanctuary)
Moms to Moms (formally MOPS) is a group for moms, created and organized by moms. Because let’s be honest, no one understands your needs at this particular time in life quite like another mom does. Our group is a ministry of HHBC that hopes to reach out to the moms of young children in our area and walk with them through this journey of early motherhood. Sometimes we can get lost in the day-to-day routines of being a mother to little ones, but God has so much more planned for us than just surviving these early childhood years. The impact of mothers is not only felt in the home but in our communities and throughout the world, and that is why we want to be a source of encouragement and love for the mothers in our community.
Our group meets two times a month from September to May. While your children are being taken care of by our kind and loving childcare workers, you will have time to relax and connect with other moms. A typical meeting begins with brunch (provided on a rotating basis by our moms), crafts, games, and discussion time at your table. Our group is not a women’s Bible study but will at times use Bible studies and other curriculum as another source of encouragement and edification during our meetings. We often have guest speakers attend our meetings to share information that is important to you as a woman and mother. We also get together throughout the month for scheduled play dates and moms’ nights out.
Is Moms to Moms for you?
- Are you pregnant or the mother of a child(ren) between ages of 0-5 years old?
- Are you looking for a way to connect to other moms in our community?
- Are you looking for a place to relax and be encouraged in this journey called motherhood?
- Do you enjoy giving back to your community?
- Do you enjoy crafts, play dates, and time out with your mom friends?
If you answered yes to these questions, then please join us this September as we start our new year.
Registration for each new year typically begins in September, but you are able to register at any point throughout the year. Our group has a registration fee of $25 for the Fall semester and $25 for the Spring semester. A discount is given to those who pay for the entire year in advance. These fees cover the costs of activities for our group. There are partial and full scholarships available for ladies who may need assistance with registration dues. For more information or to register please contact Tara Bowen at email@example.com.
Included with your registration are the following:
- Free childcare during meetings
- A welcome gift for joining
- Two meetings a month from September to May
- Crafts and guest speakers
- Play dates and Moms’ Night Out
- Access to rightnowmedia.org and counseling services through HHBC